|author||Fahad Hossain <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2016-09-21 17:59:31 +0600|
|committer||GitHub <email@example.com>||2016-09-21 17:59:31 +0600|
Convert README to markdown
Diffstat (limited to 'README')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 109 deletions
diff --git a/README b/README
deleted file mode 100644
@@ -1,109 +0,0 @@
-feh - Imlib2 based image viewer
- * <http://feh.finalrewind.org/>
- * <http://linuxbrit.co.uk/feh/>
- * #feh on irc.oftc.net
- * Imlib2
- * libcurl (disable with make curl=0)
- * libpng
- * libX11
- * libXinerama (disable with make xinerama=0)
-If built with exif=1:
- * libexif-dev
- * libexif12
- * jpegtran (supplied by the jpeg library, for lossless image rotation)
- * convert (supplied by ImageMagick, can be used to load unsupported formats)
-For end users:
-$ sudo make install app=1
-For package maintainers and users who do not want feh to install its
-icons into /usr/share:
-$ sudo make install
-Explanation: feh ships some icons and an X11 desktop entry, which allow it to
-be used from file managers, desktop menus and similar. However, installing
-icons to /usr/local/share/... does not seem to work reliable in all cases.
-Because of this, when using "make install app=1", feh will install its icons
-to /usr/share/..., even though they technically belong into /usr/local.
-ZSH Completion for feh is available at
-Flags can be used to control the build and installation process, e.g. via "make
-flag=bool", "make install flag=bool", or "export flag=bool; make && make
-install". For example, "make xinerama=0 debug=1" will disable Xinerama support
-and produce a debug build.
-Available flags are:
- * app (default 0) - install icons to /usr/share, regardless of DESTDIR
- and PREFIX, and call gtk-update-icon-cache afterwards
- * cam (default 0) - install deprecated feh-cam und gen-cam-menu scripts
- * curl (default 1) - use libcurl to view http:// and similar images
- * debug (default 0) - debug build, enables --debug
- * exif (default 0) - Builtin EXIF tag display support
- * help (default 0) - include help text (refers to the manpage otherwise)
- * stat64 (default 0) - Support CIFS shares from 64bit hosts on 32bit machines
- * xinerama (default 1) - Support Xinerama/XRandR multiscreen setups
-So, by default libcurl and Xinerama are enabled, the rest is disabled.
-Additionally, the standard variables PREFIX and DESTDIR are supported.
-PREFIX (default /usr) controls where the application and its data files
-will be installed. It must be set both during "make" and "make install".
-DESTDIR (default empty) sets the installation root during "make install". It
-is mostly useful for package maintainers.
-Note: config.mk is designed so that in most cases, you can set environment
-variables instead of editing it. E.g.:
-CFLAGS='-g -Os' make
-export DESTDIR=/tmp/feh PREFIX=/usr; make && make install
-Builtin EXIF support is maintained by Dennis Real, see
-$ make test
-Requires perl >= 5.10 with Test::Command. The tests are non-interactive and
-work without X, so they can safely be run even on a headless buildserver.
- * import (usually supplied by imagemagick)
- * perl >= 5.10 with GD, Test::More and X11::GUITest
- * twm
- * Xephyr
-$ make test-x11
-Be aware that this is quite experimental, so far the X-tests have only been
-run on one machine. So they may or may not work for you.